Although every artist has their specific way they'd like you to take care of your tattoo, here are some basics you should know. Always follow your artist's specific aftercare instructions.
- Once you get home, remove your bandage and wash your new tattoo with warm-water and some fragrance-free soap, and pat dry.
- The next few days, keep your tattoo clean and dry.
- After three days switch to a plain fragrance-free, vitamin E-free lotion. I.e Lupriderm, or a tattoo after-care product.
- Your new tattoo will begin to scab or flake and peel like a sun burn, this is normal.
- DO NOT PICK THE SCABS OFF! This will cause the ink to get pulled out or cause unwanted scaring.
- Do NOT soak or submerge your new tattoo in water for at least 2 weeks.